Ethical Hacking Lab
Cyber attacks can cause significant setbacks for any organisation operating in the cyberspace, including banks and financial institutions. Cyber attackers or hackers are always trying to gain and retain access to crucial/sensitive resources of organisations through cyber attacks such as Ransomeware, Phishing, Man-in-the-middle, Denial-of-service, Zero-day exploit, etc.
Ethical Hacking is one of the popular approaches to combat cyber attacks by minimising possible vulnerabilities in an organisation’s infrastructure. It is a process of discovering vulnerabilities present in the applications, systems, policies, infrastructure, etc., with the due permission of the concerned authorities. Ethical hackers follow all the similar steps that a hacker follows but lawfully. Given the ever-increasing attack surface, the demand for Ethical Hackers is surging exponentially across sectors.
The Ethical Hacking Lab was inaugurated by Prof. Sachin Chaturvedi, Member, Central Board, Reserve Bank of India & Shri T. Rabi Sankar, Deputy Governor, Reserve Bank of India on September 30, 2021.
The objective of the lab include:
- Carry out research and development in the areas related to ethical hacking, and security of major components such as hardware, firmware, etc.
- Provide training on the basic concepts of Ethical Hacking to a pool of talented UG/PG-level students and make them explore and delve into this area.
- Conduct Executive Development training programmes for bankers
- Develop a virtual ethical hacking lab for hands-on sessions.
- The lab has started a online Certificate Course in Ethical Hacking on May 02, 2022
- The lab offers training programmes for bankers in proactive cyber defense, hardware/firmware security, ethical hacking, and other similar areas.
- Setting up a virtual ethical hacking lab is in the process.
Guide: Dr. Dipanjan Roy