Mobile and Social Media Banking Lab
This lab has been actively engaged in Research and Development activities of Mobile Banking and Mobile Payments since 2002. It has set up the Mobile Payment Forum of India in 2006 along with Rural Technology Business Incubator (RTBI) Lab of IIT-Madras. It has been conducting several Executive Development Programmes every year on Mobile Banking Security and Testing (MBSAT), Mobile Payments and Mobile Wallets, Mobile and Social Media Banking, Mobile Cloud Computing, Mobile Application Development etc.
The security testing of mobile banking applications of many banks have been done in the Lab, which has helped them offer secure mobile banking services. The Lab has contributed in the development of regulatory guidelines on Mobile Banking, RBI; Mobile Banking Report of RBI; design and development of interoperability standards of mobile payments, IMPS, UPI and BBPS, etc., (NPCI); m-PKI Report, CCA, GoI; Report on Mobile Security Guidelines, MEITY, GoI, etc. Several Research projects have been carried out and completed by Ph.D. Scholars, M.Tech. students, and Internship students in the Lab.
- To support R&D in the areas of Mobile Services, Mobile Security, Wireless Technologies, Lightweight Cryptography, 5G Mobile Services and Security, Authentication and Key Agreement Protocols, Social Media for Banks, Mobile Technologies for Financial Inclusion, etc.
- To conduct Executive Development Programmes for Bankers and Financial Service organisations on the development and challenges of Mobile Banking, Mobile payments, Mobile Security and Social Media Services.
- Training Programmes on:
- Mobile and Social Media Services for Secure Banking and Financial Services.
- Mobile Application – Development and Security Testing.
- R&D Guidance and Consultancy Services on Secure Mobile Services and Secure Social Media Services and 5G based Mobile Services
- Security Testing of Mobile Banking, Mobile Wallets and Mobile based Financial Inclusion Service Apps.
Guide: Dr. V. N. Sastry
Topic: Recommender Systems