The Institute has been offering a Ph.D. programme in various areas of Computer Science/Applications directly relevant to Banking Technology since 1999. Presently, the Institute offers Ph.D. Programme in collaboration with the following six institutions:
The Research (Ph.D) Fellows of IDRBT are expected to carry out research in areas directly related to Banking Technology, specifically in the Institute’s focal areas of:
- Financial Networks and Applications
- Electronic Payments and Settlement Systems
- Security Technologies for the Financial Sector
- Financial Information Systems and Analytics.
The Ph.D. programme is offered only on a full-time basis and accordingly, Ph.D. Scholars are expected to carry out the research on a full-time basis. Employees of Banks and Financial Institutions and working professionals too need to pursue the Ph.D. on a full-time basis. Further, all Research Fellows need to carry out a minimum of eight hours of institutional work every week.
- Monthly fellowship of Rs. 31, 000/- in the first two years and Rs. 35, 000/- from the third year onwards till the submission of Ph.D thesis OR for an all-inclusive period of five years, whichever is earlier, subject to fulfilling the norms of the Institute. The Fellowship is provided only if the scholar is not receiving funding from any other source
- Partial funding to scholars to attend One International Seminar/Conference/Workshop if a research paper of the scholar is accepted during the tenure of the fellowship as per applicable norms of the Institute
- Partial funding to attend one national Seminar/Conference/Workshop every year, as per applicable norms of the Institute
- Accommodation in the Institute’s Quarters at Begumpet as per applicable norms, subject to availability
- Cafeteria and lunch in the canteen during working days by charging the applicable charges
- Casual Leave of 30 days per year.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may look out for the Ph.D advertisements of the above-mentioned institutions and apply for the Ph.D Programmes of the respective Departments. Queries, if any, can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.