Seventh IDRBT Doctoral Colloquium
The Institute organised the Seventh IDRBT Doctoral Colloquium on December 01, 2017. Twelve research scholars from reputed institutions like IISc., ISI, IITs, IIMs, presented their research in the Colloquium.
The Annual IDRBT Doctoral Colloquium is an initiative aimed at discovering and exploring emerging areas of research in various domains of technology, sharing knowledge and forming a network of technology researchers. It intends to create a platform to collaborate, and exchange research ideas, thereby exploring the opportunities for innovation in the Indian FinTech Sector.
The specifics of the scholars and the topic on which they dwelt on are as under:
|Analysis of Firm Investments in Cybersecurity using Stackelberg Games
|Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
|Understanding the Relationship between Firm’s Twitter Activity and Earnings Management
|Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
|Enforcing Service Level Agreements in an Untrusted Environment using Evidence Structures
|Prasanna Karthik Vairam
|Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
|Novel Approaches to Tolerate Interference and Node/Link Faults in WSN
|Beneyaz Ara Begum
|Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad
|3D Ear Recognition Using Local and Global Features
|Iyyakutti Iyappan Ganapathi
|Indian Institute of Technology, Indore
|A Robust Skull Stripping Method for 3-D MR Brain Images
|Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata
|Score-level fusion for cancellable multi-biometric verification
|Indian Institute of Technology, Indore
|Unsupervised Band Selection of Hyperspectral Images by Combining Clustering and Ranking Techniques
|A Multi-objective Genetic Programming Based Ensemble for Simultaneous Feature Selection and Classification
|Removing the Participation Bias in Competitive Crowdsourcing Markets
|Sankar Kumar Mridha
|Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur
|Drone based Targeted Cyber Attacks on Consumer Electronics: A Practical Study
|Sibi Chakkaravarthy S
|Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University
|Scalable Performance Tuning of Hadoop MapReduce: A Noisy Gradient Approach
|Indian Institute of Science (IISc.) Bangalore
Awards and Evaluation
The Jury for the Seventh IDRBT Doctoral Colloquium consisted of: Prof. Yegnanarayana, Indian Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad; Prof. Bapi Raju, University of Hyderabad; and Prof. Prasenjit Majumder, Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DAIICT). The Jury evaluated the paper presentations on the parameters of Originality, Depth of Work (Modelling, Design, Experimentation, Results), Technical Content (Models, Optimization, Technologies, Analysis), Presentation (PPTs, Graphs, Explanations, Language, Clarity), Relevance (Applicability, Modernism) and Correctness of Work (Correct, Complete, Gaps).
- First Prize: Mr. Kaustuv Nag, Jadavpur University, for his contribution entitled A Multi-objective Genetic Programming Based Ensemble for Simultaneous Feature Selection and Classification. The 1st prize consisted of INR 1 lakh and a citation.
- Second Prize: Mr. Prasanna Karthik Vairam, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, for his contribution entitled Enforcing Service Level Agreements in an Untrusted Environment using Evidence Structures. The 2nd prize consisted of INR 50,000/- and a citation.
- Third Prize: The third prize was shared by the following two research scholars:
- Mr. Baidyanath Biswas, Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow, for his contribution entitled Analysis of Firm Investments in Cybersecurity using Stackelberg Games.
- Ms. Beneyaz Ara Begum, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, for her contribution entitled Novel Approaches to Tolerate Interference and Node/Link Faults in WSN.
The 3rd prize carried a reward of INR 35,000/- and a citation.
The Colloquium was coordinated by Dr. N. V. Narendra Kumar and Dr. Nagesh Bhattu Sristy, Faculty, IDRBT.