Call for Papers for
Ninth IDRBT Doctoral Colloquium
The Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT) is the premier Institute of Banking Technology in India. Established by Reserve Bank of India in 1996, the Institute spearheads efforts in providing state-of-the-art technologies for the Indian Banking and Financial Sector.
Right from creating Technology Infrastructure, engaging in quality Development and Research, to moulding the Technology Talent required for the Banking Sector, IDRBT enables the technology transformation of the Indian Banking and Financial Sector. IDRBT is the only Institute in the country exclusively focused on the niche area of Banking Technology.
IDRBT is actively engaged in a number of Research Projects aimed at developing the standards and systems of Banking Technology in India. The Institute provides Advisory and Consultancy Services to Banks and Financial Institutions on various technology issues. IDRBT is a Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (SIRO), recognised by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
The Institute in collaboration with the University of Hyderabad has been offering a unique M. Tech programme in Information Technology (with specialization in Banking Technology and Information Security since 2001). IDRBT offers Ph.D. Fellowships to Full-time Ph.D. Students of premier technological institutes like IIT Hyderabad, UoH, NIT, Warangal and NIT, Trichy through which Ph.D. students pursue research on full-time basis in the IDRBT campus. IDRBT also offers Post-Doctoral Fellowship to nurture the research areas of mutual interest for the practitioners.
The vision of the IDRBT is “To be the premier and preferred Research and Development Institution on Financial Sector Technology and its Management, working at the intersection of Banking and Technology for the Indian Banking.”
With the objectives of networking technology researchers, sharing knowledge and learning from each other and exploring emerging areas of research in various areas of technology, the Institute announces the Ninth IDRBT Doctoral Colloquium. The Colloquium will be held on December 09, 2019 at the Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology campus in Hyderabad, India.
Apart from sessions wherein students pursuing Ph.D. share their research and get feedback from the academic community, the colloquium would also feature workshops and panel discussions on emerging issues in technology research, with the aim of enriching the next generation of technocrats.
The Colloquium involves extensive participation of faculty members and technical experts from IDRBT as well as from other top technical institutes, banks, financial institutions, and industry in various capacities such as reviewers, presenters and members of Jury. The Doctoral Colloquium is a significant effort towards bringing together the best and latest in technology research related to Banking.
Call for Papers
This Colloquium provides an opportunity for passionate researchers pursuing their full-time Ph.D. to present and discuss their research ideas, problems, build a strong network and get invaluable feedback.
The colloquium invites submissions reflecting the current trends in the areas mentioned below and other closely related topics with an application to Banking Technology:
- Cyber Security – Vulnerability Analysis, Digital Forensics, Penetration Testing, Web Security, Application Security, Malware Analysis
- Analytics – Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data, Social Media Analytics, Chatbots, Data Warehousing
- 5G Mobile Computing – Banking Apps, Security Testing, Network Orchestration, 5G Use Cases for BFSI, Multilingual Services
- Authentication and Identity Management – Pattern Recognition, Image Processing, Multimodal Biometrics, Physiological and Behavioural Biometrics, Multi-factor Authentication, Single Sign-on
- Data Centres, Virtualization and Cloud Computing – Green Computing, Open Source Technologies, Architectures, Security and Privacy, Edge and Fog Computing, Micro services
- Web Services – Semantics, Ontologies, Discovery and Secure Composition
- Program Analysis – Dataflow, Control-flow Integrity, Secure Programming Practices
- Payment Channels and Systems – Digital Currency, Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers, Wallets, Protocols for Secure Transactions
The copyright of the work presented in the colloquium shall rest with the author. However, the Institute would publish the title and abstract of the work presented in the Institute’s newsletters/reports.
Research Scholars currently enrolled for full-time Ph.D. in any discipline directly related to the above-mentioned areas and have completed a minimum of two years of research after enrolling for full-time Ph.D. are eligible to participate in the Colloquium.
Submitted papers should give a clear description of the Ph.D. work being conducted by the author of the paper. In particular, papers must:
- Provide a clear problem statement, outlining the research challenges that drive the proposed work
- Describe the proposed solution with research methodology, its expected impact, and preliminary results
- Discuss the potential improvements the work will have on the state-of-the-art
- Compare the research outcomes with current literature and approaches (cite key papers).
Each paper must be at most six pages in length including figures, tables, references and annexures if any. Please email a scanned copy of your Institutional Identity Card to email@example.com, and mention “<your name> – ID card” in the subject line of the email.
The above guidelines are strictly enforced, and papers not adhering to these guidelines risk rejection without a review.
A single PDF file should be submitted through EasyChair Submission System latest by
August 15, 2019 September 15, 2019 (Submissions Closed).
- Paper Submission:
September 15, 2019(Closed)
- Notification of Acceptance:
October 18, 2019(Closed)
- Ninth IDRBT Doctoral Colloquium: December 09, 2019
Hospitality & Travel
All scholars whose papers are accepted by the Institute would be reimbursed Third A/C to and fro rail fare from the Research Scholar’s Institute/Organization to attend the Colloquium. Further, scholars will also be provided free shared boarding and lodging in the Institute’s campus in Hyderabad during the Colloquium.
An eminent jury will evaluate the papers and the presentations and the top three scholars would receive prizes of INR 1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh), INR 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand) and INR 35,000/(Rupees Thirty Five Thousand) respectively in order of their standing. All presenters will also receive a certificate of participation.
Some of the external presenters may also be given an opportunity to work at IDRBT Research Centres for one month, on a paid research scholarship of 30,000/-, in addition to accommodation in IDRBT quarters, Begumpet.
Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology
Castle Hills, Road No.1,
Masab Tank, Hyderabad – 500 057.
Telephone: +91 (40) 2329 4308/4303
Fax: +91 (40) 2353 5157