Director for Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT)
1. IDRBT - The Institute
The Reserve Bank of India had set up the Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT) on June 10, 1996 as a Society under the Societies Registration Act governed by a Governing Council (GC). The Institute is focused on Research and Development in the field of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) relevant to the Indian financial sector for absorption of emerging new technology and to foster better adoption of information technology in the Banking sector.
The Institute has setup six state-of-the-art Research Centers for aiding and promoting research and development work focusing on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Cyber Security and Data Privacy, Emerging Networks and Cloud Computing, Open and Digital Banking, Quantum Computing, and Distributed Ledger and Innovation which are likely to have a long-term impact on Banking and Financial sector (https://www.idrbt.ac.in/research-centres).
The Institute offers regular Academic Programmes for M.Tech, Ph.D, Post Graduate Diploma in Banking Technology (PGDBT), etc. (https://www.idrbt.ac.in/academics). It also hosts various Forums (https://www.idrbt.ac.in/forums) for CISO, CIO, CAO and Fintech to provide collaborative platform and fora for Indian Banking and Financial Sector. It also publishes quality research papers in national and international journals and conferences and provides Training, Advisory and Consultancy Services on Technology Infrastructure.
2. Job Profile:
The key requirements for the position are exceptional leadership and institution building skills and a commanding strategic vision; the ability and drive to enthuse, inspire and motivate the staff, researchers and students to deliver the Institute’s mandate and build relationship with internal and external stakeholders in the eco-system.
The ideal candidate would be a thought leader in technological/ banking/ product management and should have demonstrated ability to identify opportunities and challenges with constant evaluation of technological advancements and innovation. The candidate should have the drive to leverage new age technologies and existing infrastructure to lead industry and country-first initiatives.
- Age: The age of the applicants should preferably be not more than 62 years as on October 1, 2023.
- Educational Qualification:
- The applicant should have a PhD in the area of relevance to IDRBT from a university of repute or similar qualification and a right mix of administrative, banking and IT qualification.
- In deserving cases, experience as head of IT in medium/ large organization for 3 to 5 years may be considered as alternative
- Experience: The applicant should have relevant work experience within banks, financial industry, technology sector or academia. The applicant should possess deep knowledge of financial technology related issues combined with outstanding administrative skills and track record of leading projects to a successful conclusion.
- The appointment of Director will be on contract basis for a period of three years, extendable further for maximum two years on mutual agreement or attaining the age of 65 years, whichever is earlier.
- The contract may be terminated by giving three months’ notice by either side.
5. Compensation and Posting:
- 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC) level-17 of ₹2,25,000/- (basic pay) as applicable to Director of Centrally Funded Technical Institutions like IITs/IIMs, etc. in addition to Campus bungalow and other perquisites.
- The place of posting will be Hyderabad.
7. How to Apply:
Interested candidates may apply by giving their detailed application in the prescribed format. The candidates must sign the given declaration separately. The filled-up application form and the scanned copy of the signed declaration (separate PDF files for application and declaration) shall be sent via email to email@example.com. The applications will be held in strict confidence. Please note that maximum file size limit is 10 MB.
Only those applications filled in its entirety in prescribed format and soft copy of which is received not later than October 16, 2023 will be considered.
- Applicant should strictly conform to the format of the application as prescribed here; Applications should not be handwritten; “Arial font, size 12” should be used all through the document; The typed application must be saved and sent in PDF format only.
- A recent photograph is to be attached at the appropriate place.
- The Declaration should be signed and scanned copy of the signed declaration in PDF format should be sent as a separate file.
- Candidature will be considered on the strength of the information declared in the application.
- Applications which meet the eligibility criteria will be further subjected to shortlisting based on the criteria established by the Search-cum-selection Committee constituted by RBI for the purpose.
- Shortlisted applicants will appear for interactions with the Search Committee on prescribed date after a communication from the RBI through the email provided in application form about date and venue of the interaction.
- Based on the interaction, the Search Committee will give its recommendation.
- Individual privacy concerns of the applicants will be ensured by the Bank to the extent possible.