Director for Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT)
IDRBT - The Institute
The Reserve Bank of India had set up the Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT) on June 10, 1996 as a Society under the Society Registration Act, governed by a Governing Council (GC). The Director, IDRBT is Member Secretary of the Governing Council.
The objective of IDRBT was to spearhead technology absorption in the banking and financial sector of the country. In its initial years, IDRBT was primarily focused on developing and managing technology infrastructure for the Indian Banking and Financial Sector such as INFINET, SFMS, NFS, Certifying Authority for digital certificates, etc. The research and academic activities provided the technical know-how for the creation of these services and trained manpower for the banking industry as well. During past 4-5 years, the Institute had taken series of focused initiatives on major areas of research on the systemic requirements of the banking system which have large scale implications on the effective absorption and adoption of technology.
The Institute has set up state-of-the-art Research Centers for aiding and promoting research and development work. The Research Centers are being constantly upgraded with the latest systems, devices and tools to keep pace with the ever-changing technology trends. The research centers of the Institute are working in areas like blockchain technology, cyber security, fraud analytics, cloud services and payment systems which are likely to have a long-term impact on the Indian Banking and Financial Sector (IDRBT Research Centres).
The Institute runs Academic Programme for regular M. Tech, Ph. D, Post Graduate Diploma in Banking Technology (PGDBT), etc. (IDRBT Academics).
The Institute has also formed various Forums for CISO, CIOs, CAO, etc. to provide collaborative platform and fora with an objective to find optimum solution for Indian Banking and Financial Sector. The Institute publishes quality research papers in national and international journals and conferences and also provides Training, Advisory and Consultancy Services on Technology Infrastructure.
- He/she will exercise general supervision and control over the affairs of the Institute and implement the decisions of the Governing Council.
- The key requirements for the position are exceptional leadership and institution building skills and a commanding strategic vision; the ability and drive to enthuse, inspire and motivate the staff, researchers and students to deliver the Institute’s mandate.
- He/She should be capable of providing efficient and effective governance structure and conducive research environment, ensuring innovation with accountability.
- He/She should identify critical trends in fintech and the focus areas for research and development activities to be taken up by the Institute which would help to adopt right technology solutions.
- He/She would lead a team of qualified academicians (both faculty and research scholars) and should ensure that the Institute develops centres for excellence in the fields like information security, analytics, electronic payments, etc.
- He/She should also build a network of experts from banks, academia and fintech sector.
- Age: The age of the applicants should not be more than 62 years as on January 1, 2020.
- Educational Qualification: The applicant should have a Ph.D. in the area of relevance from a university of repute and a right mix of administrative, banking and IT qualification.
- Experience: Candidate should have relevant work experience within banks, financial industry, technology sector or academia. Candidate should possess deep knowledge of financial technologies related issues combined with outstanding administrative skills and track record of leading projects to a successful conclusion.
The appointment of Director will be on contract basis with an initial term of three years, extendable up to five years based on review of performance and feedback or attaining the age of 65 years, whichever is earlier. The contract may be terminated by giving three months’ notice by either side.
Compensation and Posting
The compensation will match the levels in the field of academics and research. The place of posting will be Hyderabad.
How to Apply
Interested applicant may apply giving their detailed resume in the prescribed format, clearly bringing out his/her achievements in relevant field, along with a two page statement of purpose in support of their candidature in context of objective and functions of the Institute. The applicant needs to apply by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org, giving all details, in softcopy in the application format given below, followed by hardcopy in closed cover super scribed “Application for the post of Director, IDRBT”, to reach the following address.
The Chief General Manager-In-Charge,
Department of Information Technology, Reserve Bank of India
Central Office, 14th Floor, Shahid Bhagat Singh Marg, Fort, Mumbai – 400001.
Only those applications filled in its entirety in prescribed format and soft copy of which is received not later than 23:59 Hrs. on November 11, 2019 will be considered.
- Applicant should strictly conform to the format of the application as prescribed here; Applications should not be handwritten except for the signatures; All pages to be signed by the applicant. “Arial font, size 12” should be used all through the document.
- Self-attested copies of the appropriate documents should be submitted along with the application that will:
- Provide proof of age.
- Clearly demonstrate the eligibility of experience. (Illustratively, this could include: Experience Certificates from the past and current employers, appointment letters, pay or salary slips to verify the date of joining and relieving, designation at the time of joining, date of promotion with designation, if any)
- Provide proof of educational / professional qualifications and certifications
- Candidature will be considered on the strength of the information declared in the application and the copies of certificates/ documents submitted therewith.
- A recent photograph is to be affixed at the appropriate place and signed across.
- Applications which meet the eligibility criteria will be further subjected to shortlisting based on the criteria established by the Search and Selection Committee constituted by RBI for the purpose.
- Shortlisted applicants will appear for interactions with the Search Committee on prescribed date after a communication from the RBI on the email provided in application form about date and venue of the interaction.
- Based on the interaction, the Search Committee will give its recommendation.
- Individual privacy concerns of the applicants will be ensured by the Bank to the extent possible.