Online Workshop on
Security & Privacy in Blockchain
February 16 - 17, 2022
The Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT) is the premier Institute of Banking Technology in India. Established by Reserve Bank of India in 1996, the Institute spearheads efforts in providing state-of-the-art technologies for the Indian Banking and Financial Sector. From creating Technology Infrastructure, engaging in quality Development and Research, to moulding the Technology Talent required for the Banking Sector, IDRBT enables the technology transformation of the Indian Banking and Financial Sector. IDRBT is the only Institute in the country exclusively focused on the niche area of Banking Technology.
The institute is actively engaged in a number of Research Projects aimed at developing the standards and systems of Banking Technology in India. The Institute also provides Advisory and Consultancy Services to Banks and Financial Institutions on various technology issues. IDRBT is a Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (SIRO), recognised by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. IDRBT has a collaborative Ph.D. programme with premier Institutes such as IIT, Bombay; IIT, Madras; IIT Hyderabad; University of Hyderabad, NIT Warangal and NIT Trichy through which Ph.D. students pursue research on a full-time basis in IDRBT.
Blockchain Technology has emerged as a popular platform for developing decentralised applications and data storage, over and beyond its role as a platform for cryptocurrencies. This platform’s central concept is that it enables the creation of a distributed and replicated ledger of events, transactions, and data generated by various IT processes, with strong cryptographic assurances of tamper resistance, immutability, and verifiability.
Even though blockchain technology is best recognized for its usage in the creation of cryptocurrencies like BitCoin and Ethereum, the blockchain platform offers a lot more potential in areas like time stamping, tracking critical events in a system, recording transactions, e-governance, etc. Hyperledger, Hashgraph, IOTA, and Corda are some of the versions that have improved the decentralisation possibilities in numerous applications.
Researchers are working to improve the requirements so that they can be used in a limited context. Key distribution, registry maintenance, health record management, land record management, self-sovereign identity management, decentralized authentication, decentralized DNS, and other use cases were also developed by the researchers. In addition, countries like India, Estonia, and the United Kingdom are building their own applications in a variety of disciplines. This workshop intends to encourage students, academics, and researchers from the industry to discuss their unique research work, projects, and knowledge base in this developing sector of technology.
- To discuss the current state of blockchain development and research in India and throughout the world.
- Disseminate blockchain technology knowledge among students, researchers, and academics. The ultimate purpose is to demonstrate technological progress.
- Introduction to Blockchain Technology
- Role of Cryptography in Blockchain
- Privacy preservation of data in Blockchain
- Consensus Algorithms
- Use cases for Banking and finance, Regulatory landscape
- Hands-on a permissioned Blockchain platform
Speakers from reputed institutions with good working experience in the field of Blockchain Technology will deliver talks. An indicative list of speakers is as under:
- Souradyuti Paul, IIT Bhilai
- Sushmita Ruj, CSIRO and UNSW, Sydney, Australia
- Chaya Ganesh, IISc Bangalore
- Vinay Ribeiro, IIT Bombay
- Sathya Peri, IIT Hyderabad
- Ankit Gangwal, IIIT Hyderabad
Who can Attend
Students of UG or higher, Faculty Members, Researchers and people from industry.
- Students: Rs. 150/- (including GST)
- Others: Rs. 300/- (including GST)
If you are interested in participating in this virtual workshop, please Register here.
- Workshop Dates: February 16 – 17, 2022
- Last Date for Registration: February 09, 2022
- Announcement of selection: February 11, 2022
- Payment of fees by selected students: February 14, 2022
For any queries, please reach out to email@example.com or can call to the workshop volunteers on 9633177202 / 9970531350 / 9949211733.